So I was reading this joke the other day, and I just thought that deep within it, it has a good message that just rings true...I wanted to share it with everyone. Read below:
A Wal-Mart store that sells husbands has just opened in Dallas, TX, where a woman may go to choose a husband from among many men. Among the instructions at the entrance, is a description of how the store operates. There are only 6 floors. It states that the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch...
As you open the door to any floor you may choose any man from that floor, but if you go up a floor, you cannot go back down except to exit the building. So a woman goes to the Wal-Mart Husband Store to find a husband...
On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs.
The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.
The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking.
"Wow", she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the fourth floor sign and the sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework. "Oh, mercy me!" she exclains, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a romantic streak. She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and reads the sign:
Floor 6 - You are visitor 3,456, 012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart's Husband Store.
I'll let you decide what the moral to this story is.
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm sure that several people have read this story and are probably too afraid to post anything. I think that the story could probably be flip-flop with male / female roles, and the story would still apply (to some, but probably not 3,456, 012). I think it's the great American way to try to continually climb the ladder to success. The rich strive to get richer. Millionaire try to become Billionaires. Why? It's just a combination of greed at work, and in this instance, the hope that the person you're stuck with for all time has every good quality you could ever think of stuffed into one person. I wonder what floor I would have ended up on. Well...curiousity killed the cat. It would probably have killed me too! -Jacob
i thought this was a super funny story/joke and true. i would shoot for the top floor. However, here's the men's version:
1. this is a woman
2. this is a woman who is thin
3 this is a woman who is thin and cooks
4 this is a woman who is thin, cooks and is beautiful
5 this is a woman who is thin, cooks, beautiful and has big bosoms
6. this is a woman who is thin, cooks, beautiful, big bosoms, and is a perfect housekeeper
7. woman thin, cooks, beautiful, big bosoms, perfect housekeeper, who will serve their man and has plenty of her own money - this floor has no women. ha ha! back at ya dave!
Post a Comment