So I recently bought a skateboard...it's pretty pimp if i might say so myself. It's a barefoot longboard, and is made of bamboo. I really love it, but i can't tell you too much more than that because I really don't know a lot about skating myself. I do know that skating is one of those things that looks A LOT easier than it actually is. Turns out there's a bit of skill that goes into it, actually quite a bit of skill. The first night I got it, I skated over to Grandmother & Grandfather's house to try it out and show them my new board. I would estimate it's about 3/4ths of a mile (roughly a 7 min ride via skate board or rollerblades)...it took me about 20 minutes to get there!! I did get there without falling off...too much at least. Needless to say, it's a skill which I have yet to aquire, but when I do, I'm going to take it to ASU with me and cruise around campus in style!
So last sunday i took julia & analise out to try out the new board. here are a few of the pictures, as you can see they're both quite natural at it. Analise jumped on without hesitation, and well, pretty much showed me up.....notice that I'm not actually rolling in the picture, just standing!



5 comments:
Now those are some pretty dang cute skateboarders if I may say so myself. . . Including the Davester. (What can I say, I'm a Mom/Grandma--it comes with the territory)
now if you can just convice the ladies of that too...lol.
I'll post the rest of the pictures I took on my photo page for moms/grandma's who want to save the rest of the pics :) (the link is under 'links')
thats pretty awesome dave. yeah. not exactly an easily aquired skill. out of bamboo? thats awesome. here maybe this video will make you feel better...actually, it won't.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eN265fU4nNw
ya you're right...that didn't make me feel better. Cept maybe when the dog ran into the wall...and I'm thinking that i'm not really suppose to find that amusing. Hmmmmm.....
I think we need a close up shot of the underside of your board to really get the "bamboo" feel. What d'ya say Dav-O!
Post a Comment