Anyway when the plumber didn't show, she had no other choice than to have David take a look at it...maybe he wasn't so useless she thinks outloud...
Everything was going smoothly. The plumbing was old, unable to be removed so cutting the old tubing was necessary. David dotted his i's and crossed his t's...the valve to the sink was shut off, the power turned off...all was well...that is until the 'clean' water line was snipped and water gushed from the cut end!!! It appeared that the valve to the kitchen had only one setting....ON!!!
Thinking fast David raced to the laundry room gathered up all the clean clothes and towels nearby and threw them underneath the spraying hose! Maybe not the best of idea. Next he sprinted outside, desperately trying to remember where the main water valve to the house is. Fortunately it was in plain sight and quickly turned off. So David went diligently back to work enlisting the help of his good friend Tyler Pace who came over to see David's sister Nicole but found himself mopping up the floor and helping David in his noble cause.
Of course this story has a happy ending because 'the big bad dishwasher job' was a success....the dishwasher (not Mom) was installed and is working like a busy beaver.
Needless to say, here's a few pictures of the new dishwasher, about half of the towels i used to mop up the slight flooding of our kitchen, and I also got a netherdrake in this game I play and it looks really, really cool...



3 comments:
Way to go on the Dishwasher! If there was a dishwasher fixing contest in the Olympics, I think you'd definately have a shot at the blue ribbon!
Man Dave, that Netherdrake is Gynormous! You had better ease into that because I'm thinking you could get some wicked saddle sores man!
YEA!!!! CLEAN DISHES AGAIN!!!!! After David did a SPECTACULAR job fixing the dishwasher (I'm sort of glad I wasn't there for the kitchen flooding, etc., I just got there after it was all clean and beautiful and working like a charm)the kids said, "It will be great having clean dishes again, we never really washed our dishes that well, luckily we never got sick" comment it REALLY made me happy it is now installed. David did do a fabulous job and I never said he couldn't do it for goodness sakes. I only called the plumber because I thought the pipes were clogged. Apparently though the line was clean and clear when it flooded. All is well that ends well right!!!!! THANKS DAVE!!!!!
Wow, I never heard this story! I'm impressed with your handiwork Dave...and you get an award in my book for handling stress under pressure! You're the best!
Post a Comment